Although many consider Burt’s Bees Products to be quite expensive; the products are good quality products that last forever. I have had this set what seems like forever. I know it has to be 2+ years and I use it very often. I purchased my products as a set. I don’t exactly remember the cost but I can say it was under $20. I’m not sure if the set is still sold exactly as how I bought it but I know of other sets that include these products.
Summer has been in effect here in the US for some time now. Although summer is not even half way over; trends are already starting to form. These summer looks are defiantly in and should be an addition to your closet.
1. Crop Tops/ Halter Tops I never really been a fan of crop or halter tops. During this summer that has changed. Anywhere you go you will find the average shirt has been adjusted into a crop or halter top. I’m not sure how this trend started but it defiantly is the #1 summer look.
2. Oversized Tee-Shirt Dress At the beginning of this year when I read about all the fashion trends that would appear this summer; oversized tee-shirt dress was #1. I knew then I would have to invest my money into buying one. This is the new piece of clothing attire that you can either wear to work, causal, or party. I have seen many post changing from work to party just with a simple black tee shirt dress. I purchased mine at H&M for only $10
3. Stripes In previous years it was all about plaid. Move over because stripes are taking over! Stripes are everywhere. Literally! From your shirt to your skirt. Even the design on your earrings. I’m so happy plaid is out and stripes are in. I love it.
4. Sneakers You know when you’re just looking in a magazine and you notice a celebrity wearing heels with an outfit that shouldn’t be worn with heels. Yeah I’m starting to believe that is finally over. Maybe celebrities realize that you don’t have to wear heels all the time. A simple outfit can be worn with some sneakers.
5. Hats I know so many females who hate wearing hats. In fact that use to be me. I always thought they made my head look weird. With fashion exploring in new ideas; there are so many different types of hats. Not only are baseball caps still in but flowy sundress hats are in style.
So for the month of July I will be doing a lot of wishing because I will not be spending any money this month, sadly. I overspent during the month of June so my way to make up for this is to not spend during the month of July. Whenever I’m just bored or relaxing I love looking at websites. From beauty, to home, to clothes, anything that catches my eye. Many Wishlist only feature one particular category. However I actually plan on buying these items so I chose my favorite item from each category. Hopefully when the month of July is over I will be able to then purchase everything from my Wishlist.
I feel like as though I have more lip products than any other makeup products that I own. I think this is the same for a lot of females. In my opinion lip products are cheaper than other products and there are so many brands to choose from. The list is in no particular order.
#2 I think this next product is the definition of pigment. Color Sensational in Mystical Magenta by Maybelline is absouletly a beautiful product. I mostly wear this lip product when I go to events, occasionally if I’m just going out I’ll wear it but this has so much pigment that it deserves to be seen. I currently only own just this color from the line and I plan on getting all colors. The price is unbeatable for the strong pigment. Now depending on where you get this product it can cost more than $6 (target,cvs,online,etc.) However walmart is the cheapest place to buy it for $5.30
#4 Another lip product I enjoy is NYX Mega Shine Gloss. I got the color Plush Red which is simalr to my Nyx Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. When ordering both I did not mean to get similar colors, but this product is not matte so I guess theres a difference. Just like my Nyx Matte Lip Cream I rarely wear this because of its pigmentation. I like how big the product is and the packaging of the gloss. I could not find this on Nyx.com or on Ulta so I’m guessing this was a speical product. However Ulta has a set of 3 for only $5.99 which is wonderful compared to $5 just for one that I bought.
#6 Lastly is a lip stain I got in a beauty box that I am subscribed too. I really like this lip stain by City Color Cosmetics. The color I have is Flirtini. The packaging and shape of the bottle is very unique! Only thing is after I apply the product I have to put a clear gloss on top. You can find this at City Color Cosmetics for $5. I’m not sure if this is sold in any drugstores.
During summertime it is highly important that you stay hydrated and choose the right foods to eat. Choosing unhealthy foods and not staying hydrated can lead to breakouts and dry skin.
Thank you to Rachel at allthingsmakeupfashion for nominating me for The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. It was a lovely surprise and very nice of her to do so. And I’m using her layout for this post. This is a great opportunity to support and find out about other bloggers.
What you need to do:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten people
Questions I was asked
- What are your favorite things to talk about on your blog? ( Makeup reviews, monthly favorites, first impressions, etc) Since I am new to all of this(blogging) I’m still trying to figure this one out. I do love to talk about makeup,beauty,food,reviews(non-related to makeup.) Really anything that comes to my mind.
- How did you chose the title name for your blog? This was actually hard because every title I thought of was taken lol. However I knew I wanted the word “girly” in the title because it describes me really well. Then I came to think about learning from others and others learning from so the word I thought about was treasures. I’m treasuring what I’m learning from you and I hope you will do the same from what you learn from me.
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you? Although I may seem very sociable I have my moments when I dont want to be a social person.
- What is your favorite store to shop in and why? I love Target! You literally can go in there for anything. It seems as if I go in there for one thing and come out with 100.
- What is your dream job? To be President. Literally!
- What is your one MUST HAVE beauty product? Omg this is hard, I would have to say BB Cream. It is a must for me and its my most used.
- Who do you look up to for fashion inspiration? I don’t really look to someone in particular. I actually use Pintrest for my fashion advice.
- Name one person you would love to meet and why? President Obama or any current President. Why? Because to me they are really strong inspirational people and plus that’s my dream.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summertime? RELAX!!!!
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have some free time? Catch up on social media & tv shows.
My Questions for You
- How would you describe your fashion style?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite beauty tip or trick?
- What is your favorite food?
- Favorite season and why?
- What do you do to cheer yourself up, when you are feeling a little blue?
- How do you stay motivated?
- What beauty product that you use is a must have?
- Favorite brand of makeup and why?
- What tip would you give a person who wants to start blogging
I nominate the following fellow bloggers for this award – sorry if you have already been nominated for this award!
I’m so excited about today’s post. I’ve seen so many people doing these that it has inspired me to do one, especially because I have spent so much money throughout the month of June….Monthly Favorites Review! I will review my favorite purchases that I have made in June, well mainly all the purchases I have made. I am someone who shops when stores have sales.I hate buying items full price especially knowing that there are coupons all over the internet and stores normally have sales once a month. Even if I have a coupon for 20% or $5 off I have to use them. My favorite is free shipping!!! When I receive an email saying a store is having free shipping I immediately go online to find me something. Sales, coupons, and free shipping are a must for me! I know this might be a lot in one post but I know that when July comes I’m going to be super busy and wont have as much time to go shopping.
I’m going start with my beauty purchases because that is what many people like to see and I know I love seeing other’s purchases too. I just ordered from 2 websites yesterday and they aren’t listed below because they haven’t arrived yet. I’m really sad, I wanted to show you guys what I got. I ordered over 20 items. I probably will just make a separate post when the items arrive. The items I purchased are from Ulta & Elf.
Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder | $8.99 This is absolutely my favorite powder ever. I first tried this when I was out of town and needed a powder; so I went to the local drugstore and this was on sale so I gave it a try and honestly it is amazing!! I reordered this because my first one was running out. The last bottle I had lasted over year, so this product defiantly last long. There are so many colors to choose from and the powder comes with a powder sponge. Highly recommended
NYX Butter Gloss | $4.99 This product will be mention in future post (favorite lip products & another ulta haul.) I’m not going to go in too much detail about this product because I would hate for you to hear about it from me over and over. This lip gloss is amazing! There are so many lip colors to choose from. The color I have above is Crème Brulee. This gloss has 4.5/5 rating on Ulta and is listed as a fan favorite. Its my favorite too!
Essence All Eyes On Me Mascara | $2.99 I have never tried anything from Essence and when I bought I just needed a backup mascara. $2.99 is an unbelievable price for something I just need as a backup. I can say that this isn’t like your everyday mascara that you spend more money on. I bought as a backup and it works as a backup. I would not use this everyday, it is a very light mascara compared to the thicker ones I own. So if you’re like me and just need a backup then this is something you should invest in.
ELF Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 | $3.00 I was skeptical about this product when I first applied it, I felt like it didn’t make one difference to my face. After I applied my full face of makeup that is when I noticed a tint to my face, which I loved! And the price is $3 omg, amazing!! This moisturizer is very lightweight and even has SPF 20.
ELF Studio Conditioning Lip Balm | $3.00 This was just a product I order just because it was on sale ($1.49.) I’ve only used it once and cant really say how I feel about it. But it is a beautiful color and I adore the packaging.
ELF Studio Glossy Gloss | $3.00 This was another product I bought just to buy because it was on sale. At first I was debating if I really needed it but I just went ahead and got it. I can honestly say I am so happy I did! The color is beautiful and very natural. I have so many pigmented colors that I have been on the look out for natural lip products and I have discovered one.
ELF Mini Eyelash Curler | $3.00 Another product I got just to get was an eyelash curler. I’ve never had one nor felt the need to get one but an eyelash curler is a beauty essential. So basically I got this just to have. lol
I use to buy new clothes every week. However since I have recently became more involved in makeup I have taken a break from shopping for clothes. This is literally so sad because I’m always buying clothes. If you shop at Victoria’s Secert/Pink you know that they have an annual sale 2 times a year (January&June.) I stopped by my local store a week after the sale began just to see what they had left. I got everything in the picture for about $60 and that is wonderful because I normally can only get about two things for $60 there. The second picture is just random clothes I got throughout June that I cant wait to wear.
I purchased two bras for around $16 a piece compared to regular price at $30.50. The panties were free because I had a coupon for free panty w/ a purchase and I even got to choose. The teal was a shirt I previously wanted but it was around $20 which I felt was unnesscary so I didn’t buy. When the sale came it was $11 so you know I got it! I am in love with the yellowish greenish, whatever color you think it is, shirt. Omg the bling on it is super cute and I love writing on the side!
I have never shopped at Rue 21 before but my friend wanted to go in there so while she was in the fitting room I decided to look around and I found these super cute bottoms. Different shades of the color blue is defiantly in this summer and I love it! Got both the blue pants and skirt for $9 together. Great deal! Also following the blue trend is a shirt I got from Aeropostale. I’ll go in Aero just to go in whenever I’m in the mall. I found the shirt for $12 and the style is very flowy which is in this summer. The white & black skirt was $5 and I bought just because I thought it was cute.
I hope you guys enjoyed my review! Sorry for it being so long. Let me know if you have any items above!